Monday, February 25, 2013

New Source for Cheap Parts?

Ok. I just found a great website online and had to tell people about it. I have never ordered from there but I no doubt will soon. http://yourduino.com. They have all kinds of cheap started kits and stuff I've been ordering from eBay for about the same prices.

They also have several Arduino Compatible micro controllers that I would look into. Some have built in servo connections and such. If I hadn't just ordered some stuff from elsewhere, I would probably be buying something from there.

Things that caught my eye:

  • Their shields (the motor controller shield)
  • Their micro controllers (YourDuinoRobo1- $17)
  • The pre-made drive platform
  • The cheap stepper motors
  • The various sensors
  • The starter kits.
  • The jumpers, resistors, etc.
Some of the starter kits actually looked pretty good. I didn't look too in depth. I'm sure some stuff is missing, but it might not be a bad place to start. The robot platform doesn't look to shabby either. I didn't check shipping on the heavier stuff, but some of you might want to look into it.

I realize this is a bit out of the blue, but I honestly am not affiliated with them in any way. I just stumbled across their site when looking for cheap stepper motors and then saw the micro controllers  Then I saw the shields. Then I starting going through practically every page.

That's all I have for today If anyone has bought stuff from there please comment. I would personally love to know what kind of service they provide. 

See you later,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment